Monday, May 04, 2009

8 Days In April - The Hamburg Scene (1972)
I have been looking for a CD copy of this album for years with no luck and I was stoked when it showed up as a CD rip on a mystery forum. Thanks to the original uploader, uheep2, and thanks for permission to share it here. The CD is obviously a bootleg since there has been no official release - "Hamburg" was spelled "Hamnburg" on the back cover (Fixed with Photoshop), but the sound is great. This is basically Frumpy keyboardist Jean-Jacques Kravetz fronting the Udo Lindenberg band, with Lindenberg writing almost all the material. Frumpy singer Inga Rumpf provides vocals for the first track, from then on it's mostly an instrumental album. This is a stellar album of laid-back low-key progressive rock performed by brilliant musicians, with guitarist Thomas Kretzschmer being a real standout!

1. I'd Like To Be A Child Again (9:35)
2. Ann Toomuch (7:55)
3. Routes (7:27)
4. When The Dream Is Over (3:14)
5. Master Of Time (9:40)

Udo Lindenberg - Vocals, Drums, Percussion
Jean-Jacques Kravetz - Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Percussion
Steffi Stephan - Bass
Thomas Kretzschmer - Guitar
Inga Rumpf - Vocals
Roger Hook - 12 String Guitar

Not my rip - Separate flacs,log, cue, covers, 238 MB

Part 1__Part 2__Part 3

Cheers!

12 Comments:

Blogger lajso said...

See this:
http://lajso-lajsosoundltd.blogspot.com/search?q=8+days+in+april

but never mind, it's OK with me...Cheers!

10:57 AM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hi lajso - I'm not sure what exactly is OK with you! If you are implying that I poached this from your blog you are wrong. In the first place I never heard of your blog until today. In the second place these are lossless files not mp3. In the third place I posted this in mp3 version 3 years ago in March 2006.

Cheers!

12:12 PM, May 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi GarColga,

I got your mp3 rip year ago and I was really waiting for a lossless post of this awesome album.
It's prety amazing and I'm sure you were completely right when you choose your blog's name.
Thank you very much.

Ricardo, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

5:13 PM, May 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry,

I say pretty amazing...

5:19 PM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger Sergey said...

thanx a lot, my friend! Very nice project. Excellent stuff!

9:13 AM, May 11, 2009  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hello Ricardo & Sergey!!

5:01 PM, May 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello GarColga,

there's still a Schnitzel waiting for you in Heidelberg ;-)
Remember my comment few years ago?
Anyway, today I want to ask you if you know where to get Katamaran - Katamaran (1977)?
ezhevika.blogspot.com/2008/02/katamaran-katamaran-1977.html had it up but the links are now gone :(
Katamaran is also mentioned here:
http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=82380&show=100&start=100 - so I thought I ask you.
So if have a hint where to find it, that would be great!
I haven't visited regular since you use lossless formats, but drive by quarterly.

Best regards,

Cascade

12:26 PM, May 17, 2009  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hi Cascade - yeah I remember! On the SFRP forum. Sorry though I don't know anything about that Katamaran album, I've never heard of them.

Glad that you check in once in a while.

5:40 PM, May 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi GarColga,

thanks for your reply! So the hunt will go on ... eventually it will show up somewhere.

Greetings,

Cascade

11:41 AM, May 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear this.I love Inga Rumpf's voice.Thank you bigly.Cheers,John From Wales.

2:04 PM, May 28, 2009  
Blogger 1 said...

Hi CarGolga,

in my eyes this is probably the most beautiful post you ever made...
I was born, raised and still live in this city, the most beautiful of the world. 1972 .... two years earlier till two years later - the best time in my whole life, my god, how much I enjoyed my freedom.

thanks for ths wonderful reminder!!

greetz - rog

1:00 PM, July 23, 2009  
Blogger GarColga said...

Hello John & rog - thanks for taling a moment to leave a comment, much appreciated!

1:38 PM, August 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home