Wednesday, August 22, 2007

OK sorry I'm so late this week - I couldn't get to my Blogger start page on Monday and was gone all day yesterday.

The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation - Last Two Albums (1969-1970)
This 2-for-1 CD has the last two albums from this band, "To Mum, From Aynsley And The Boys" and "Remains To Be Heard". "To Mum..." is actually the last album, and "Remains" was issued posthumously, with Dunbar appearing on only a few tracks. Great stuff regardless.

High VBR w/artwork Part 1 Part 2

Family - Fearless (1971)
"Fearless" was Family's fifth album, and maybe it's most innovative. Great musicianship throughout, with the bass and vocals of new member John Wetton fitting into the complex arrangements very nicely.

High VBR w/artwork Part 1 Part 2

Violence Fog/Jerusalem - SWF Sessions Vol 6 (1971)
This split CD features two bands from Southern Germany that were popular in their day, but never recorded an album, leaving only these tracks recorded in the studios of radio station SWF. Hippy-dippy psych/prog Krautrock, some nice jammin' tunes. Not great but both bands are minor gems. Couple members of Violence Fog went on to be in Jud's Gallery, whose SWF CD I posted some time back.

High VBR w/artwork Part 1 Part 2

Osibisa - Paris Theatre, London, 1972
Featuring original guitarist Wendell Richardson, this stereo soundboard recording originally made for the BBC was recently rebroadcast on cable radio in Switzerland. Many thanks to the original uploader, who did a great job editing out the radio station promos.

01. Beautiful Seven - 7:04
02. Spirits Up Above - 7:38
03. Y Sharp - 7:34
04. The Dawn - 7:03
05. Woyaya - 5:21
06. Survival - 6:56
07. Kokorokoo - 5:57

High VBR w/artwork Download

Krokodil - Getting Up For The Morning (1972)
Fourth album from these Swiss progsters - a great blend of rock, blues, and ethnic styles, continuing in the same vein as "An Invisible World Revealed", though a little more song oriented. These guys were simply a great band, almost every track on every album is worth having.

Bitrate 320 w/artwork Download

Alright see you!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krokodil is one of my favorite bands from that era, their swamp album along with gravy train's self titled are just masterpieces of rock.

Thanks for posting this great album.

Leonel

3:05 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger GarColga said...

Damn, Leonel! - I didn't know you were still here! Nice to hear from you.

4:01 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks, especially for Family.

4:46 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga,

Nice to know you remember, I couldn't get a hold of your new blog until I found the new chrisgoes and saw your link there.

Well as you may know Chris has posted a couple of my newest albums and people seem to like them. I have a couple of new albums left which I'll be uploading I'll post the links as a comment so your visitors (friends) download them.

Bye and thanks for Krokodil and all the great music (I enjoyed Baby Huey and of course Faust and family are always welcome).

Leonel

5:04 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man, these Dunbar albums are so great. I used to own them...

The Osibisa is fantastic - a real find - it's going right to my mp3 player. So is Krokodil, who I've never heard. And I'm curious about violence and Fog.

I have the Family album. Brutally good, isn't it? Their all-around best, in my opinion.

Thanks again and again,
Chris

10:18 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this excellent download. I've loved Krokodil since I first bought "An Invisible World Revealed" on vinyl back in 1973 when I was in the army stationed in Germany. Thanks again.

5:54 AM, August 23, 2007  
Blogger space88 said...

Hello Garcolga
Thanks for the great Family Album.
Andre

8:56 AM, August 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank U for Osibisa.I love this band.Cheers:)

10:21 AM, August 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga (and visitors),

As promised before here's one of my albums:

http://sharebee.com/bed5eb98

I recorded it between 2006 and 2007. This was the first of 5 cd I have recorded in 2007.

Bye.

LEONEL

4:59 PM, August 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salve!!!
Osibisa was the 1sr band I have a tape, my father found Woyaya into a plane!
I never heard nothin live excvept the double cd release!
Thank you for this.
Obrigado.
Gracias;
Merci.

3:45 PM, August 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Garcolga. Thanks for a good variety of posts - especially the Krokodil.

1:20 AM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Roderick Verden said...

Dear Garcolga, one more time congratulation for your blog.
Do you have Mythos, "Grand Prix" and Pierre Moerlen' Gong, "Breakthrough"?
Cheers.

4:48 AM, August 26, 2007  
Blogger roger said...

thanks bro great blog

3:46 PM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liam, for the moment I'm downloading Family, although when pressed for time it's difficult to choose (especially late at night) though Osibisa sounds good. I saw them when they started and they created an incredible atmosphere live with extended rhythms and Spartacus - I think it was - striding continuously from side to side of the scenery while he played. I didn't like their Brazilian-sounding side but they were damn good musicians. - Julie

4:02 PM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great work for this swiss band,thanks a lot

4:45 PM, August 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this album, i knew their other albums but had never heard this one

Stéphane

4:05 PM, January 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home